May 7, 2023
- Course Time Limit: 6 hours (those that do not pass the halfway point in 3 hours will be directed to finish the half marathon instead)
- Start Location: At the underpass where Bull Creek Flats Road meets Hwy 101 and the Avenue of the Giants
- Finish location: Same as the start location.
- Parking: On the river bar 1/4 mile from the start. Be sure to allow plenty of time, traffic can back up close to the start time.
- Medal: Finishing Medals are given to all participants finishing within the allotted time. Award presentation for overall 1st – 3rd will begin at 11am.
- Course Certification Number: CA-23014-TEB
- Packet Pick-up: At the the staging area from noon to 4:30 PM Saturday or from 7:00 to 8:15 AM Sunday morning.
At the Staging Area
Saturday: 12 noon–4:30 PM
Sunday: Beginning at 7:00 AM
Please pick up your packet at least thirty minutes before the start of your race to avoid any delays.
Slide Show and Talk
Saturday, 4:00: Park Visitors Center, Burlington Campground
Location: Redcrest Community Grange
Address: 115 Sorenson Rd. 95569
Hours:4:00–8:00pm. All you can eat!
- Spaghetti, salad, non-alcoholic drinks & desert: $15.00
- Age 14 and younger: $10
- Family of four: $60
- Beer and wine for donation.
Overall prize is awarded to top finishing male and female in each event including non-binary in full and half marathon. Age groups are every 10 years with 19 and under in half. Each finisher will receive a medal upon completion. Award presentations for 1st – 3rd will begin at 11am. Only 1st place trophies are presented in the 10K. Age group awards will be handed out at the timers tent close to the finish line.
Race Day Exits
Take Exit 667A
Take Exit 667
The course is a double out and back entirely on paved roads. The roads are lined with 300 feet tall old growth Redwood trees. While these provide shade and keep temperatures cool all morning, please note that they sometimes block out GPS signal on running watches.
Gatorade, oranges, and bananas will be served at all aid stations. Aid stations will be at mile 2, 4, 6, 7, 9, 11, 14, 16.5, 17.5, 19, 22, 24, and 25.5. Power bars or Gel will be at select aid stations.
- The Jogg’n Shop, for all your last minute needs
- Food Truck
- Coffee Truck
- Red Crest Community Grange
- And more!
Come and support your favorites!
Parking is on the gravel flats of the Eel River just north of the staging area. Arrive early, vehicles that are parked along the road sides will be ticketed.
Race Day Exits & Road Closures
On Sunday, all north / south race traffic must use Hwy 101 exits 5 miles north of the START / FINISH. HWY 101 Exit Closures: The Honeydew, South Fork Eel and the Rockefeller Forest exits will not be used for race day traffic, but will be open on Saturday.
Road Closures: Avenue of the Giants and the Bull Creek Road will be closed from 7:30am to 2:00pm, please use caution before and after these times.